Subject: [icnrg] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-irtf-icnrg-nrsarch-considerations-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Stephen Farrell via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 05:52:03 -0700

Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-irtf-icnrg-nrsarch-considerations-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-nrsarch-considerations/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Minor comments:

- Section 4 says: "When an NRS is included in an ICN architecture, security threats may
increase." I think what's meant is that the attack surface is increased when any new
component (in this case an NRS) is introduced.  Also, "These challenges must be overcome
by taking appropriate security measures into consideration." seems a bit of a useless
thing to say.

- I can think of two security/privacy issues that may be worth a mention but that are not
currently mentioned: 1) some equivalent to QNAME minimisation and 2) introduction of an NRS
might encourage development of a passive DNS equivalent with all the upsides and downsides
of that.