Subject: [icnrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 00:48:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Information-Centric Networking RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Experimental Scenarios of ICN Integration in 4G Mobile Networks
        Authors         : Prakash Suthar
                          Milan Stolic
                          Anil Jangam
                          Dirk Trossen
                          Ravi Ravindran
	Filename        : draft-irtf-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-12.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2022-03-21

Abstract:
   4G mobile network uses IP-based transport for the control plane to
   establish the data session at the user plane for the actual data
   delivery.  In the existing architecture, IP-based unicast is used for
   the delivery of multimedia content to a mobile terminal, where each
   user is receiving a separate stream from the server.  From a
   bandwidth and routing perspective, this approach is inefficient.
   Evolved multimedia broadcast and multicast service (eMBMS) provides
   capabilities for delivering contents to multiple users
   simultaneously, but its deployment is very limited or at an
   experimental stage due to numerous challenges.  The focus of this
   draft is to list the options for use of Information centric
   technology (ICN) in 4G mobile networks and elaborate the experimental
   setups for its further evaluation.  The experimental setups discussed
   provide for using ICN either natively or with existing mobility
   protocol stack.  With further investigations based on the listed
   experiments, ICN with its inherent capabilities such as, network-
   layer multicast, anchorless mobility, security, and optimized data
   delivery using local caching at the edge may provide a viable
   alternative to IP transport in 4G mobile networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-icn-lte-4g/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-irtf-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-12.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-12

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts