Subject: [icnrg] DEADLINE EXTENSION (FIRM) - MedComNet 2022 - March 8th (Abstract), March 14th (PDF submission) - Tech. co-sponsored by IEEE

From: christian vitale <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 18:41:24 +0200

MedComNet 2022 - Call for Papers

20th Mediterranean Communication and Computer Networking Conference
1-3 June 2022, King Evelthon Resort, Paphos, Cyprus
Technically co-sponsored by IEEE

https://www.medcomnet.org

MedComNet 2022 continues the tradition of the MedHocNet conference series
that started in Sardinia in 2002 and was held annually in beautiful
locations on the shores of the Mediterranean.
MedComNet is a forum for the presentation of new research results in the
broad area of wired and wireless communication and computer networking. All
aspects of the networking research area are welcome.

MedComNet has obtained the Technical Co-Sponsorship of the IEEE, and
accepted papers will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore. Extended
versions of the best papers presented at the conference will be considered,
by invitation and upon additional review, for publication in Elsevier
Computer Communications journal. The best paper in the conference will be
awarded the Mario Gerla Best Paper Award, which is associated with a 1000
euro prize.

Topics include but are not limited to:
- Wireless networks
- Cellular networks including 5G and 6G
- Network coding for 5G
- Vehicular networks
- Dynamic spectrum sharing
- Interference management and mitigation
- Medium access control
- MIMO-based networking
- mmWave, THz, VLC networking
- Mobile sensing and applications
- Mobility management and models
- Innovative Internet architectures
- Internet of Things / Cyber-physical systems
- Secure and intelligent Internet of Things
- Routing and multicast
- Software-defined Networking and Radio
- Optical networks
- Overlay and peer-to-peer networks
- Age of Information
- Energy efficiency in networks
- Machine Learning and AI for networks
- Edge, fog and cloud computing
- Edge AI, Network for AI
- Localization and location-based services
- Integrated sensing and communication
- Multimedia networking
- Network economics and pricing
- Network management
- Network measurement and analysis
- Network security and privacy
- Network virtualization
- Satellite networks

Important information
----------------------
Paper submission deadline: March 14, 2022 (firm)
Register paper on EDAS by: March 8, 2022
Acceptance notification: April 15, 2022
Registration (authors and early birds): May 06, 2022
Camera Ready Papers due: May 06, 2022
Conference: June 1-3, 2022

Instructions for authors:
-------------------------
Authors are invited to submit original unpublished manuscripts that
demonstrate current research related to the aforementioned topics of
interest.
All paper submissions must be written in English and must be formatted in
standard IEEE 2-column format. Only Adobe PDF files will be accepted for
the review process. The mandatory IEEE template in Microsoft Word and LaTeX
format can be found at
https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html.  All
submissions must be made electronically through EDAS at
https://edas.info/N29242.

We will consider two different categories of papers:
Full papers should describe novel research contributions and are limited in
length to ten (10) printed pages (10-point font) including figures, tables,
and references. Papers exceeding ten (10) pages will not be accepted at
EDAS, nor reviewed at all.
Short papers should be more visionary in nature and may report on work in
progress without finished results. They are meant to present novel
perspectives, so as to foster discussion about innovative directions and
new points of view. They are limited to at most four (4) pages including
figures, tables, and references, but might in many cases be even shorter.
Accepted short papers will be included in the proceedings and they will be
given (a shorter) time for oral presentation at the conference.
For more information, please see:
https://www.medcomnet.org/authors-instructions/

No-show policy
--------------
Submission to the conference implies willingness to present. No-shows will
be excluded from the proceedings. No-show papers are defined as papers
submitted by authors who subsequently did not present the paper in-person
at the technical meeting. Presentations by proxies are not allowed. No
refund of the paid fees can be claimed by the no-show author. Exceptions to
this policy can only be made by the Technical Program Chairs and only if
there is evidence that the no-show occurred because of unanticipated events
beyond the control of the authors, and every option available to the
authors to present the paper was exhausted.

Presentations in case of travel restrictions
--------------
The organizing committee will consider the possibility of remote
presentations for authors coming from countries with travel restrictions in
place due to the COVID pandemic.

Organizing Committee
--------------------
General Chairs
Carla Fabiana Chiasserini, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
Vasos Vassiliou, University of Cyprus and CYENS Research Center, Cyprus

General vice-Chair
George Ellinas, University of Cyprus, KIOS Research Center, Cyprus

TPC Chairs
Antonella Molinaro, University Mediterranea of Reggio Calabria, Italy
Panayiotis Kolios, University of Cyprus, KIOS Research Center, Cyprus

Keynote and Panel Chairs
Panos Sarigiannides, University of Western Macedonia, Greece
Antonio J. Jara, HOP Ubiquitous, Spain

Publicity Chairs
Christian Vitale, University of Cyprus, KIOS Research Center, Cyprus
Ala' Khalifeh, German Jordanian University

Publication Chair
Chrysostomos Chrysostomou, Frederick University, Cyprus

Web Chairs
Michele Segata, Free University of Bolzano, Italy
Christiana Ioannou, University of Cyprus, Cyprus

Steering Committee
Marco Ajmone Marsan, Politecnico di Torino, Italy (Chair)
Ian F. Akyildiz, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
Edmundo De Souza e Silva, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Luigi Fratta, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Farouk Kamoun, ENSI, Tunisia
Giovanni Pau, University of Bologna, Italy
Guy Pujolle, Sorbonne Universitι, France
Vasos Vassiliou, University of Cyprus, Cyprus