Subject: [Id-event] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on charter-ietf-secevent-00-00: (with COMMENT)

From: "Kathleen Moriarty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 13:56:33 -0700

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-secevent-00-00: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-secevent/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Shouldn't the method for delivering the event be a secure method?

---

From: "Phil Hunt (IDM)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 14:41:43 -0700

No objections to adding that in the charter. However SETs could be delivered through open channels using JWE. 

At minimum we should have security considerations stating the requirements. 

Phil

> On Sep 27, 2016, at 1:56 PM, Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Id-event mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/id-event

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 20:43:14 -0400

Hi Phil,

Please excuse typos, sent from handheld device 

> On Sep 27, 2016, at 5:41 PM, Phil Hunt (IDM) <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Yes, I'm not interested to see it specified in the charter, just to somehow say a secure method would be used.

Thanks,
Kathleen