Subject: [Id-event] RFC 8417 on Security Event Token (SET)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 22:14:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8417

        Title:      Security Event Token (SET) 
        Author:     P. Hunt, Ed.,
                    M. Jones, 
                    W. Denniss,
                    M. Ansari
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 64672
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-secevent-token-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8417

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8417

This specification defines the Security Event Token (SET) data
structure.  A SET describes statements of fact from the perspective
of an issuer about a subject.  These statements of fact represent an
event that occurred directly to or about a security subject, for
example, a statement about the issuance or revocation of a token on
behalf of a subject.  This specification is intended to enable
representing security- and identity-related events.  A SET is a JSON
Web Token (JWT), which can be optionally signed and/or encrypted.
SETs can be distributed via protocols such as HTTP.

This document is a product of the Security Events Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 08:58:16 +0300

This is our working group's first RFC, and the foundation of the 
solution we are working on. Congratulations to us all, and a big thank 
you to the authors!

	Yaron

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [Id-event] RFC 8417 on Security Event Token (SET)
Date: Mon,  9 Jul 2018 22:14:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

                 RFC 8417

         Title:      Security Event Token (SET)         Author:     P. 
Hunt, Ed.,
                     M. Jones,                     W. Denniss,
                     M. Ansari
         Status:     Standards Track
         Stream:     IETF
         Date:       July 2018
         Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
[email-masked],                     [email-masked],
                     [email-masked]
         Pages:      28
         Characters: 64672
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

         DOI:        10.17487/RFC8417

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for 
the standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of 
this memo is unlimited.

The RFC Editor Team

_______________________________________________
Id-event mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/id-event

---

From: Dick Hardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 07:48:43 -0700

A big milestone! Well done WG!

---

From: William Denniss <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 12:45:48 -0700

Congratulations everyone! Thank you Yaron and Dick for your efforts
chairing the working group!

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 7:48 AM, Dick Hardt <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> This document is a product of the Security Events Working Group of the
>> IETF..
>>
>>