Subject: [Id-event] RFC 8936 on Poll-Based Security Event Token (SET) Delivery Using HTTP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 16:44:32 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8936

        Title:      Poll-Based Security Event Token (SET) 
                    Delivery Using HTTP 
        Author:     A. Backman, Ed.,
                    M. Jones, Ed.,
                    M. Scurtescu, 
                    M. Ansari,
                    A. Nadalin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-secevent-http-poll-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8936

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8936

This specification defines how a series of Security Event Tokens
(SETs) can be delivered to an intended recipient using HTTP POST over
TLS initiated as a poll by the recipient. The specification also
defines how delivery can be assured, subject to the SET Recipient's
need for assurance.

This document is a product of the Security Events Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC