Subject: IGMPv3 draft questions

From: Isidor Kouvelas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 15:15:19 -0700

I am reading the router behavior section in the IGMPv3 draft and I have
spotted a couple of things that I think may be wrong.

In the table in section 5.2.4 I think the following two entries are the
wrong way round:
  Group
  Filter-Mode      Source Timer Value        Action
  -----------      ------------------        ------
  EXCLUDE          TIMER > 0                 Don't forward source
  EXCLUDE          TIMER == 0                Start forwarding source

As is stated in the second paragraph of section 5.2.3.3:
  "If a source timer expires with the group in EXCLUSION filter-mode,
   the router stops forwarding traffic from this source onto the
   interface, but does not delete its record."

The second problem I have is with the last entry in the table in section
5.2.5.1:

  Router State   Report Rec'd  New Router State         Actions
  ------------   ------------  ----------------         -------
  EXCLUDE (X,Y)  IS_EX (B)     EXCLUDE (X*B,Y-B)        Group Timer = TQ
                                            ^^^

I think the entry should read:
  EXCLUDE (X,Y)  IS_EX (B)     EXCLUDE (X*B,Y*B)        Group Timer = TQ
                                            ^^^

Can you please verify these two points.

thanks
Isidor