Subject: Research Passes to iBAND3 - Internet Bandwidth Management Summit

From: Marty Bickford <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 17:36:58 -0700

------------------------------------------------------

i B A N D 3 - The Internet Bandwidth Management Summit
October 20-22, 1999 in San Francisco, Calif  USA
http://www.stardust.com/iband3/

------------------------------------------------------

Hey Folks,

Stardust.com is once again offering free research and educational passes to
iBAND. To get a free pass, email me ASAP (there's a limited number).

Plan ahead. If you don't qualify for a pass, be sure to register before the
September 15th pricing deadline. Register today at
http://www.stardust.com/iband3/

At iBAND technical conferences excitement is generated through debate,
discussion and collaboration. Building on the success of the earlier two
iBAND conferences, iBAND3 explores the latest thinking within the IETF,
demonstrates vendor interoperable products and provides a congregation
point for IP engineers and their colleagues to discuss, debate and
collaborate on the future of their networks. Past and new attendees benefit
from the fresh information and new structure for iBAND3.

Technical Conference
--------------------
Our goal with iBAND3 is to provoke stimulating and critical thought about
how to enhance your IP Infrastructure with advanced capabilities enabling
robust, new application services. Each focus area of the conference
addresses how to accelerate the evolution of Internet-based services beyond
simple best-effort IP.

Application Services - Explore new services over advanced networks 
 (QoS VPNs, ASP strategies, broadband management).
		
Network Scaling - Learn to address the demand for "bigger, better, more" 
 (massive scaling of web sites, multicast, guarantee delivery).

Traffic Engineering - Understand how to prioritize and control traffic 
 flows (MPLS, Diffserv, RSVP, mission critical SLAs, MBGP).
	
Infrastructure Service Provisioning - Plan the design and deployment of 
 advanced services in enterprise, wide area and carrier networks (Internet
 accounting, IPv6, measurement and analysis, QoS deployment).

Network Integration - Master the fusion of disparate voice, data, 
 terrestrial and wireless infrastructures into a single IP-based network 
 (optical, cable, satellite, multi-link).

Policy - Sessions outline end-to-end bandwidth management and how Policy 
 is layered throughout the network. Learn how to control who does what and 
 when with which resources.	

Workshops include:
- Creating Network-Aware Applications: WinSock 2, QoS and Windows 2000 
- IP Multicast at a Cross-Roads 

Abel Weinrib, Director of Intel Architecture Labs, and Stan Hanks, VP of
Technology for Enron Communications are keynoting.

Intel and Ixia Communications are the Platinum Sponsors of iBAND3.

Best regards,
Marty

---
Marty Bickford  - 408.879.8080 (8081-fax)
iBAND3 Conference Director
Stardust.com - http://www.stardust.com
QoS Forum - http://www.qosforum.com

iBAND3 - The Internet Bandwidth Management Summit
http://www.stardust.com/iband3/