Subject: express and simple multicast

From: Ali Boudani <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 08:27:44 +0100

Hello,
I didnt found any rfc or draft describing simple multicast??
is there any??and what is the problem in it if not??

and is express is the same as xcast or it is n older proposition ??

Thanx

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 07:28:41 -0500

Hello;

Simple and express were subsumed in SSM (not XCast). I believe all of the old drafts are dead now.
SSM has a number of active drafts and is in the new PIM-SM-v2 spec. I believe that both
predate XCast.

Of related interest are the auto-tunneling multicast drafts : 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-finlayson-umtp-05.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-finlayson-mboned-autotunneling-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-auto-multicast-00.txt
<draft-liefooghe-castgate-00.txt> 

-- 

                                   Regards
                                   Marshall Eubanks

   Multicast Technologies, Inc.
   10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
   Fairfax, Virginia 22030
   Phone : 703-293-9624          Fax     : 703-293-9609     
   e-mail : [email-masked]     http://www.on-the-i.com