Subject: IGMP snooping draft: Solicitation for Comments

From: Morten Jagd Christensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 15:38:48 +0200

Hi,

Some of you may have seen that we have posted a draft on this list
on aspects of IGMP snooping switches.

The draft is available as: draft-ietf-idmr-igmp-snoop-00.txt

A presentation of this draft was made at the IETF meeting last
week. Generally I would say that the draft was well received with only
positive comments or encouragements although it will probably move
out of the idmr WG soon.

Since the IETF idmr WG meeting had a limited number of attendees
compared to the number of subscribers of this list (I suppose)  I would
like to solicit for comments on the draft.

So, please send us comments if:

1) You have read the draft and have any comments whatsoever. No comment
is to simple.

2) You are working for a company producing IGMP snooping switches and
have experiences that you want to share. For example regarding
interoperability
issues or solutions that you have found to be practical.

3) You know some people who might be interested in this work. Either send me
their email addresses or forward this mail to them.

4) You're IGMP agnostic but still want to share your view on this.

You can either post your reply to the discussion list or you can email me
directly (CC to Frank Solensky) is you don't want your name out in the
public.

Your contribution will be appreciated.

Cheers

/Morten

--------------------------------------------------
Morten Jagd Christensen        | Exbit Technology
M.Sc., Ph.D.                   | www.exbit.com
Network- and System Architect  | [email-masked]

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:30:48 +0100 (BST)

> The draft is available as: draft-ietf-idmr-igmp-snoop-00.txt

No it's not. Try:

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idmr-snoop-00.txt

L.

> Your contribution will be appreciated.

<[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>