Subject: BGP and MBGP

From: Ali Boudani <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 17:18:21 +0200

Hello,
1- Is the 2 attributs in MBGP are additional attributes in the update
message of a BGP update message or it is just another type of update
messages.
If it is not a new message, and those are just two additionnal
attributes then what should be the meaning of the unfeasible routes
field and also the NLRI field in the update message?
There is nothing in the standards and specifications clarifying this
point.

2- in the case where MBGP used for Multicast, is it the role of this
protocol that just providing a new multicast topology or there is
anything else??
because if a new topology isnt created with the MBGP then there is no
meaning of this protocol.

3- in the multicast topology , how can the paths can be aggregated???
in the same manner of unicast ??? suppressing the unfeasible routes or
how?

thanx