Subject: (no subject)

From: Ali Boudani <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 19:32:15 +0200

hello,
Is the querier in IGMP is the same designated router in a network ??
thanx

---

From: Abdelkader Lahmadi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 22:46:56 +0200

--
Bill finner wrote:
The router with the lowest version of IGMP must be the querier, but
since IGMPv1 did not specify a querier election mechanism, it wasn't
possible to ensure that the IGMPv1 router was elected querier.
Therefore, all routers speaking IGMP on a given network have to be
configured to speak the same version, and then querier election occurs
as specified in the IGMPv2 or v3 spec (or, if configured for v1,
querier election occurs however it happens and you might end up with
multiple or [hopefully not] zero queriers).

  Bill

---------------------------------------------
  Lahmadi Abdelkader
  LORIA - UHP NANCY I
  CAMPUS SCIENTIFIQUE B.P.239
  54506 VANDOEUVRE-LES-NANCY CEDEX
  E-mail : [email-masked]
---------------------------------------------