Subject: Query Regarding Querier Election in IGMPv2

From: Vinodkumar Parasmal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:25:59 +0530

Hi All,
I have a basic doubt regarding IGMPv2 Querier Election.
Does the Querier Election takes place for both General Queries 
Received & Group Specific Queries received or is it only when
General Queries are received ?

Thanks in advance
Vinod

---

From: Janet Doong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:21:23 -0400

Both General Queries and Group Specific Queries all
use the same IGMP membership query message type. This message type
is used by router along with its IP address to identify itself as IGMP
Querier  on its local net.

-Janet

[email-masked] wrote:

>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                            Name: Wipro_Disclaimer.txt
>    Wipro_Disclaimer.txt    Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
>                        Encoding: 7bit