Subject: [idn] nameprep-02 Unassigned Code Point Typo?

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:24:32 -0500

I think there's a small but significant typo in the table of unassigned code
points found in nameprep-02 Appendix G.  The table currently lists this
range:

FDC8-FDCF

but the actual unassigned code points per Unicode 3.0/3.0.1 run from
FDC8-FDEF.

<Scott/>

---

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:11:14 -0800

>but the actual unassigned code points per Unicode 3.0/3.0.1 run from

Whoops, that's correct. That was a versioning mistake on my part. 
FDD0-FDEF are currently unassigned, but will become assigned as 
noncharacter code points in Unicode 3.1. (See 
<http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr27/>, section 3, 
Noncharacters, update to D7b.)

This will be corrected in the next version of nameprep.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium