Subject: [idn] yap: yet another patent

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 15:32:50 -0400

Hi,
	the ietf secretariat receives the following notice. The author of the 
patent gives us this url for the patent document:
http://164.195.100.11/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=/netahtml/searchbool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=ft95&s1=stepcode&OS=stepcode&RS=stepcode

Marc.

===================================================
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/IPR/YD-IDN

This statement was received April 13, 2001
From: [email-masked]

   Pursuant to the requirements of RFC 2026, Section 10 ("INTELLECTUAL
PROPERTY RIGHTS"), Liana X. Ye of Y&D Information SYstems Group, Inc.
("Y&D") gives notification to the IETF Secretariat that U.S. Patent
5,410,306 of April 1995,
titled CHINESE PHRASAL STEPCODE is possible covering IDN works on
INTERNATIONALIZING DOMAIN NAMES.  Should the
implementation and practice of any part of an IETF standard relating to
the above subject matter require the use of technology disclosed in the
above patent,
Y&D is prepared to make available, upon written
request, a non-exclusive license under reasonable and non-discriminatory
terms and conditions, based on the principle of reciprocity, consistent
with established practice.

  Written requests for licenses may be sent to :
Liana X. Ye
Y&D Information Systems Group, Inc.
2607 Read Ave.
Belmont, CA 94002

===================================================

Marc Blanchet
Viagénie inc.
tel: 418-656-9254
http://www.viagenie.qc.ca

----------------------------------------------------------
Normos (http://www.normos.org): Internet standards portal:
IETF RFC, drafts, IANA, W3C, ATMForum, ISO, ... all in one place.