Subject: [idn] IDN WG Last Call: draft-ietf-idn-idna-06.txt

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:05:53 -0500

Title: Internationalizing Domain Names in Applications (IDNA)

Abstract:
Until now, there has been no standard method for domain names to use
characters outside the ASCII repertoire. This document defines
internationalized domain names (IDNs) and a mechanism called IDNA for
handling them in a standard fashion. IDNs use characters drawn from a
large repertoire (Unicode), but IDNA allows the non-ASCII characters to
be represented using the same octets used in so-called hostnames today.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idn-idna-06.txt

This two weeks WG last call ends Feb 11th 2002, 23h59 GMT-5.

This document is for standards track.

The co-chairs see a wg rough concensus on this document.
Please send any proposed modification of the text to the wg mailing list as
well as to the wg co-chairs, stating clearly the text to be modified and
the new text.

Marc & James