Subject: [idn] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-duerst-iri-00.txt

From: Martin Duerst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:13:22 +0900

This is a copy of the official announcement of draft-duerst-iri-00.txt.
Due to a series of misunderstandings, this draft was earlier announced
as draft-w3c-i18n-iri-00.txt, and has also been published as
draft-duerst-i18n-iri-00.txt. This draft replaces
draft-masinter-url-i18n-08.txt. Please send comments to
[email-masked].

Regards,    Martin.

>To: IETF-Announce: ;
>From: [email-masked]
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-duerst-iri-00.txt
>Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 07:15:11 -0400

>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
>directories.
>
>
>         Title           : Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRI)
>         Author(s)       : M. Duerst, M. Suignard
>         Filename        : draft-duerst-iri-00.txt
>         Pages           : 24
>         Date            : 19-Apr-02
>
>This document defines a new protocol element, the Internationalized
>Resource Identifier (IRI), as a complement to the URI [RFC2396].  An
>IRI is a sequence of characters from the Universal Character Set
>[ISO10646].  A mapping from IRIs to URIs is defined, which means that
>IRIs can be used instead of URIs where appropriate to identify
>resources.
>The approach of defining a new protocol element was chosen, instead
>of extending or changing the definition of URIs, to allow a clear
>distinction and to avoid incompatibilities with existing software.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duerst-iri-00.txt

>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>         "get draft-duerst-iri-00.txt".
>
>A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
>http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt