Subject: [idn] IDN Operations (Charprep, Zoneprep & IDNoverEPP)

From: "Edmon Chung" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 13:05:16 -0500

Hi Everyone,

Just in case this didnt get through:

I have been working on a number of documents about Character Equivalence
preparation issues leading towards their implications to registration
provisioning such as EPP.  More specifically, a technical framework
(elaborating IDN-ADMIN) that provides a generic transaction architecture for
provisioning and zone preparations for IDNs.  I wonder if anyone might be
interested in discussing those topics... and I wonder if this list is an
appropriate forum.

What do people think?

Edmon

PS. I apologize to my side discussion with James about "his standard" which
might have obscured this discussion.

---

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 16:00:10 -0800

>interested in discussing those topics... and I wonder if this list is an

There are lots of folks interested in discussing them. I don't think 
the IDN WG list is appropriate because those discussions are outside 
the charter of the soon-to-be-closed-down WG. I have just created a 
new list for discussing the non-protocol parts of the area (see my 
previous message). For the protocol parts, such as how to handle 
whois, you should have the discussion on the appropriate protocol 
mailing list.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium

---

From: "Edmon Chung" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:46:13 -0500

I agree entirely.
That was why in the first place I asked about whether this is appropriate.
:-)
Edmon