From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 23:15:23 -0800

Fri, 7 Mar 2003 16:58:11 -0800 (PST)
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Subject: [idn] RFC 3491 on Nameprep: A Stringprep Profile for 
    Internationalized Domain Names (IDN)
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: Multipart/Mixed; Boundary=NextPart
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 16:58:10 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Precedence: bulk

--NextPart

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3491

        Title:      Nameprep: A Stringprep Profile for
                    Internationalized Domain Names (IDN)
        Author(s):  P. Hoffman, M. Blanchet
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 10316
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idn-nameprep-11.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3491.txt

This document describes how to prepare internationalized domain name
(IDN) labels in order to increase the likelihood that name input and
name comparison work in ways that make sense for typical users
throughout the world.  This profile of the stringprep protocol is used
as part of a suite of on-the-wire protocols for internationalizing the
Domain Name System (DNS).

This document is a product of the Internationalized Domain Name
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

..

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type:  Message/External-body;
        access-type="mail-server";
        server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

RETRIEVE: rfc
DOC-ID: rfc3491

--OtherAccess
Content-Type:   Message/External-body;
        name="rfc3491.txt";
        site="ftp.isi.edu";
        access-type="anon-ftp";
        directory="in-notes"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--
--NextPart--