Subject: [idn] IDN testing

From: "JFC (Jefsey) Morfin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 01:40:14 +0100

Dear Tina,
I understand several meetings on the IDN have been hold involving 
ICANN, IAB, MINC, ITU, UNICODE, ccNSO, ccTLDs, etc.  Also that some 
evaluations have been carried that call for a technical review of the 
IDNA solutions by the IETF and some testing plan proposed by some or 
engaged by others at country/group of country level. Using test TLDs 
or CNAMEs.while IE7 is now under test and supports punycode as 
Firefox does for a while.

I am probably subscribed on the wrong ICANN mailing list, as I am on 
an ICANN IDN maling list where there was two mails in several years? 
I am right now preparing an ML test deployment for several countries 
and international entities and for consumer protection. I would hate 
wasting time repeating the same test or pursuing a 
different/conflicting policy by ignorance.

Could you update bring us to speed?
I would thank you for that.
jfc