Subject: Internet reliability
From: [email-masked] (Konstantinos Dovrolis)
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 13:41:33 -0500

Hi,

I am working on active fault management mechanisms for integrated-services
networks. Does anybody have measurements or other "real data" on 
realibility issues for the current Internet? For example, how often
links (physical or logical) fail? Are these link failures uni-directional?
Are they permanent or temporary? Are node failures more frequent than link
failures? What is a usual MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) for commonly used
routers or switches? What about failures due to protocol errors or 
implementation bugs?

Some light at any of the above questions will be greatly appreciated.

BTW, is there any other working group that is closer to this kind of issues?

Thank you in advance,

                      -- Constantinos Dovrolis 
--------
Graduate student		              [email-masked]
Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engr.          Tel: (608) 262-5130
University of Wisconsin-Madison               Fax: (608) 265-4623
1415 Engineering Drive                        http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~dovrolis
Madison, WI 53706.                                                        

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 15:53:45 -0500
To: [email-masked]
From: "James A. McLeod" <[email-masked]>
Subject: SAP Positions Available - Houston
Sender: [email-masked]

SAP POSITIONS --- HOUSTON - SAP BASIS, ABAP/4  NEEDED

I am a technical recruiter specializing in leading edge computer science
professionals.  In my networking and by surfing the net and compuserve I
have come across your name as a person I think may have some of the skills
I am looking for to assist a Houston based client fill a key position. I am
not absolutely sure that this is so, or if you would have any interest in
looking at a contract position, which might involve relocation.

What I do know is that I have this large client and several others that are
searching for persons with SAP Basis skills.  The client is interested in
talking with anyone with this skill even if it is only recent training.

I also always need persons who have experience with other SAP modules as
well.  The compensation for these positions is extremely good, of course.

If you have any interest in this BASIS opportunity or want to inquire in
general about SAP opportunities please drop me a return email as soon as
possible.  If you are not currently on the job market but know someone who
is I would appreciate it you would notify me by return email with their
contact information or tell them to contact me.

Thanks,

Jim McLeod
President of The Highland Group

You can reach me at:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dr. James A. McLeod 		email:[email-masked]	
The Highland Group 		voice: 713 682-8236
4615 Sanborn Drive 		fax:  713 682-0244 or
Houston, Texas  77092	fax:  713 877-1226

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 08:00:02 +0000 (GMT)
From: Herve Degrand <[email-masked]>
To: Hwang Hyojung <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: about Hold Time
Sender: [email-masked]

Hello,

about Hold Time at zero, it is written in RFC 1771 =
" Hold Time MUST be either zero or at least three seconds...
If the negotiated Hold Time interval is zero, then periodic
KEEPALIVE messages MUST NOT be sent... = the Hold Time timer and
KeepAlive timers are not started."

So, you seem to be right,  BGP speaker doesn't need to send/receive
KEEPALIVE message.

Herve

-------------------------------------------------------------
 Herve DEGRAND   <[email-masked]>
   BT Labs
-------------------------------------------------------------

On Mon, 26 May 1997, Hwang Hyojung wrote:

|What does it mean that Hold Time is zero ?
|Does that mean "a BGP speaker doesn't send/receive KEEPALIVE message 
|to insure its peer's status to/from each other" ? 
|Or .. ? 
|
|

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

From: Hwang Hyojung <[email-masked]>
Subject: about Hold Time
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 18:12:47 +0900 (KST)
Sender: [email-masked]

What does it mean that Hold Time is zero ?
Does that mean "a BGP speaker doesn't send/receive KEEPALIVE message 
to insure its peer's status to/from each other" ? 
Or .. ? 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

From: Ryu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 01:30:11 +0900 (KST)
Sender: [email-masked]

[email-masked]
-- 
===========================================================================
        KyoWon, Ryu                   E-mail : [email-masked]
        Network Systems Engineer      I.Net, Inc. http://www.iWorld.net/~elca
        Tel : +82-2-555-7908(Dir.)    Fax : +82-2-555-8127
          "If life is a stage, I want some better lighting."
===========================================================================
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -