Subject: [[email-masked]] (fwd)
From: Susan Hares <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 09:29:21 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 15:05:16 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: BOUNCE [email-masked]:    Non-member submission from
    [[email-masked]]   

>From [email-masked]  Tue Jun 22 15:05:15 1999
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ward-bgp4-ibb-00.txt
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 15:05:10 -0400
Sender: [email-masked]

--NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: BGP Notification Cease: I'll Be Back
	Author(s)	: D. Ward, J. Scudder
	Filename	: draft-ward-bgp4-ibb-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 21-Jun-99
	
Many recent router architectures decouple the routing engine from
the forwarding engine, so that packet forwarding can continue even
if routing software is not active.  The current definition of the
BGP protocol does not support this.  We propose a new variety of
CEASE NOTIFICATION message (IBB) which indicates to a peer that the
router sending the notification expects to be able to continue
forwarding traffic for a certain period of time without an
established BGP peering session.  We also propose a new OPEN
message (ICB) that if received during the HOLDTIME period, does not
require conventional reestablishment of the BGP peering session.
These capabilities are useful for orderly and non-intrusive routing
software updates, operating system updates, AS number migration,
redundancy and catastrophic event handling.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ward-bgp4-ibb-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ward-bgp4-ibb-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ward-bgp4-ibb-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ward-bgp4-ibb-00.txt

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-ward-bgp4-ibb-00.txt";
	site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--

--NextPart--