Subject: admin dist/gp spec proposal

From: "Natale, Jonathan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 10:53:40 -0400

Add sect. in bgp draft stating that ebgp routes should be preferred over any
igp routes and any igp routes should be preferred over ibgp routes.  The
exception to this is igp summary routes may be preferred over ebgp routes.

PS
RFC1812 needs to be updated and brought to a STANDARD level (it discusses
admin. Dist. concept, but does not say the obvious-- connected preferred
over static preferred over dynamic, etc.)

---

From: Mathew Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:28:03 -0400

> Natale, Jonathan <[email-masked]> [Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 10:53:40AM -0400]:

The EBGP vs. IBGP is already covered in section 9.1.2.2.  As to how
BGP and non-BGP routes interact, I suspect that that really should remain
largely a local policy matter.  A BCP is probably in order (does one
on this topic already exist?)

mrr

---

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 08:31:42 -0700

Mathew,

> on this topic already exist?)

The only document that was trying to address the issue of how BGP and 
non-BGP routes interact (BGP/OSPF interaction) was moved to Historic
some time ago.

Yakov.