Subject: Review Comments: Section 4.3: "routes" vs. destinations - advertise

From: "Michael C. Cambria" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 13:35:01 -0400

From a first time reader point of view ...

Since:

"For the purpose of this protocol, a route is defined as a unit of 
information that pairs a set of destinations with the attributes of a 
path to those destinations.  The set of destinations are the systems 
whose IP addresses are reported in the Network Layer Reachability 
Information (NLRI) field and the path is the information reported in the 
path attributes field of the same UPDATE message."

When I read section 4.3:

"An UPDATE message is used to advertise feasible routes sharing common 
   path attribute to a peer, or to withdraw multiple unfeasible routes 
   from service (see 3.1)."

Shouldn't the text read "... advertise feasible [prefixes | 
destinations] sharing common path attribute(S)to a peer ...", because:

1) A route is defined as quoted above from section 3.1?

or since ...

"An UPDATE message can advertise at most one set of path attributes, but 
multiple destinations ..."

2) make "routes" in the orignal singular.

MikeC