Subject: Review of draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-17.txt

From: "Abarbanel, Benjamin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:58:34 -0400

Part I:

Editorial Comments:
===================
1. P. 7 Type: Need to add the new message types such as, Capability
Negotiations (RFC2842), Route Refresh, etc.

2. P. 9, right after "This document defines the following optional
parameters:"
Need to mention possible options, such as: Capabilitites (RFC2842),
Multiprotocol extensions (RFC2858), Route Refresh (RFC2918).

3. P. 13, EGP, are there other EGP protocols other than BGP that are in use?
If not, change EGP to BGP.

4. P.23, change the following: 

"The MULTI_EXIT_DISC attribute may be used on external (inter-AS)
 links to discriminate among multiple exit or entry points to the same
 neighboring AS ..."

 To the following:

"The MULTI_EXIT_DISC is an optional non-transitive attribute which may be
used on external (inter-AS) links to discriminate among multiple exit or
entry points to the same neighboring AS ..."

5. In section 8, there are a number of Timers, Counters, etc. that need to
be explicitly defined before they are used by the FSM. Perhaps these
definitions should go in the Glossary section.

---

From: Mathew Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:16:17 -0400

> Abarbanel, Benjamin <[email-masked]> [Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 10:58:34AM -0400]:
>Part I:
>
>Editorial Comments:
>===================

These are outside the scope of the base document.

>Multiprotocol extensions (RFC2858), Route Refresh (RFC2918).

There is already an example given, although it certainly wouldn't hurt
to add references.

>If not, change EGP to BGP.

This refers to _the_ EGP protocol, not to _an_ EGP protocol.

<snip>

mrr