Subject: Tracking the discussion on the spec

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 19:00:19 +0200

Folks-

 Regarding how the discussion on the list regarding the spec is
 organized, I'd like to suggest that a list of issues is maintained
 and periodically posted to the WG (with the latest ver potentially
 published on the web somewhere). Each issue brought up in the WG
 should be put on this list. Information regarding each item on the
 list should be sufficient to understand its nature, what was the WG
 consensus regarding it with required pointers to messages, quotes,
 or new text.

 Periodic posting to the WG mailing list should ensure that there are
 no dropped packets (we're all human) and that the WG consensus is
 properly reflected and documented.

 The list may be maintained either by the WG chairs or by a volunteer
 who works closely with them.

 Another suggestion would be to explicitly verify consensus in the
 cases where the discussion stalls and the agreement is not clear.
 Again periodic posting of the issue list should help ensure that
 we don't drop things here.

 Thanks a lot.
 
-- 
Alex

---

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:31:01 -0700

Alex,

>  we don't drop things here.

This is an excellent suggestion. All we need is a volunteer to do
this. With this in mind Sue and myself asking folks who would be
willing to do this to respond to myself and Sue.

Yakov.