Subject: bgp draft review

From: "Natale, Jonathan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:08:08 -0400

Somewhere it says ebgp peers must be direct, right?  So then ttl should be
1, right?  Maybe that should be added.

Also, a option to allow non-direct ebgp should be added.

---

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:07:38 -0700

Jonathan,

> Somewhere it says ebgp peers must be direct, right?  

Section 5.1.3 talks about both the case where ebgp peers are 1 IP 
hop away from each other:

   2) When sending a message to an external peer X, and the peer is
      one IP hop away from the speaker:

as well as the case where they are multiple IP hops away from each
other:

   3) When sending a message to an external peer X, and the peer is
      multiple IP hops away from the speaker (aka "multihop EBGP"):

> So then ttl should be

See above - it is multihop EBGP.

Yakov.