Subject: RE: your mail

From: "Natale, Jonathan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:34:05 -0400

Change "read from a peer" to "received from a peer" and/or drop this thread!

-----Original Message-----
From: Curtis Villamizar [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 6:12 PM
To: Abarbanel, Benjamin
Cc: 'Jeffrey Haas'; [email-masked]'
Subject: Re: your mail 

In message
<[email-masked]>, 
"Abarbanel, Benjamin" writes:
> My point is that no one "reads from a peer", that is physically
impossible.
> If there are many other ways to skin the cat, then mention like this,
> "reads from a peer socket/stream/session/etc." just to be technically
> correct.
> 
> Ben

It if physically impossible to "read from a peer" which also makes it
painfully obvious that what is meant is "read from the socket for the
TCP connection that is associated with the BGP session for a specific
peer".

The latter is unambiguous even to the complete idiot but overly wordy
for anyone with an understanding of what a protocol based on TCP
entails.  The former is short and it is unambiguous for the intended
audience of the BGP protocol spec.

Curtis

ps - Please stop wasting our time.  Please be sure that your comments
are regarding something that is incorrect, incomplete, ambiguous, or
unclear when read from the standpoint of a person well versed in IP
routing, TCP, and TCP programming.