Subject: issue 39

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 07:54:46 -0700

39) Redundant Sentance Fragments
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Status: No Consensus
  Change: Potentially
  Summary: Redundant definitions, clarity requested.  Possible solution below.
  
  Discussion:
  
  5. P. 50, section 9.1.4, The two fragments of this sentence are redundant   
  and don't say anything new or simplify the content. Just keep one fragment.
  
  "A route describing a smaller set of destinations (a longer prefix) is said
  to be more specific than a route describing a larger set of destinations (a
  shorted prefix); similarly, a route describing a larger set of destinations
  (a shorter prefix) is said to be less specific than a route describing a
  smaller set of destinations (a longer prefix)."
  
  There was a comment that disagreed, thinking that both "more specific"
  and "less specific" need to be defined.  And suggested that only the
  third and forth parentheses need to be dropped.
  
  The original commentor agreed with the parentheses changes.

The third and forth parentheses will be dropped in the -18 version.

Yakov.