Subject: [Idr] draft-chen-bgp-group-path-update-02.txt

From: Enke Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:42:13 -0700

Hi, folks:

We have revised the draft to take care of the comments and suggestions
received from the last IDR WG meeting. Please let us know if you have
any comments or suggestions about the revised version.

Regards,  -- Enke

------- Forwarded Message

Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:29:12 -0400
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chen-bgp-group-path-update-02.txt

--NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Advertisement of the Group Best Paths in BGP
	Author(s)	: E. Chen, N. Chen
	Filename	: draft-chen-bgp-group-path-update-02.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2004-9-29
	
In this document we first identify the (neighbor-AS based) Group Best
   Paths for an address prefix as the sufficient subset that can be
   advertised by a BGP route reflector or a BGP confederation ASBR to
   eliminate the MED-type route oscillations in a network.  We then
   propose a BGP extension to support the advertisement of the Group
   Best Paths by a route reflector or a confederation ASBR.  The
   extension also allows the advertisement of all the paths in a group
   that survive the MED comparison, thus achieving the same routing
   consistency as the full IBGP mesh.  The proposed mechanisms are
   designed such that the vast majority of the BGP speakers in a network
   need only minor software changes in order to deploy the mechanisms.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-bgp-group-path-update-02.txt

------- End of Forwarded Message

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr