Subject: [Idr] (no subject)

From: "Vivian Lu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 09:10:40 -0500

Hi, 

I have a question regarding prefix-list ORF draft,
draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-orf-00.txt. 

The "sequence" field as specified in the draft is the following, 
	"The 'Sequence' field is a number that specifies the relative
ordering of the entry." 

What is the scope to which the statement is referring that makes the
ordering significant? 

Is the scope 
*	per bgp peer session? 
		-- That is, sequence number is continuously incremented for
each orf entry through out the peer session. 
		-- Sequence number gets reset when the peer session is
reset. 
*	per ORF message? 
		-- That is, sequence number is continuously incremented for
each orf entry within an ORF message. 
		-- Sequence number gets reset when a new ORF message is
created. 
*	per ORF type block in the orf message ?
		-- That is, sequence number is continuously incremented for
each orf entry within an ORF type block inside an ORF message.
		-- Sequence number gets reset when a new ORF type block is
written. 

We are wondering which one is what you intended and the industry may agree
with. 

Thanks. 
Vivian. 

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr