Subject: [Idr] PIM inter AS

From: "Tiago Costa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:17:30 +0100

Hi!

I' am a student from University of Aveiro and in my final project I need to
configure multicast protocol between tow Autonomous System.

I have configured in each AS one RP with MSDP, one border router with MBGP
to the outside of the AS and PIM SM to the inside. My unicast protocol in
each AS is RIP.

My question is. Do I need to configure PIM SM between MBGP peers??

Tiago Costa

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: REZA ROKUI <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:10:20 -0400

Tiago,

Yes you should do it because when the RP in AS2 receives the MSDP SA
(source active) message from AS1, it

causes RP to send (S,G) Join toward the source in AS1. So, you will see
that the link between MBGP peers should

be PIM enabled. In addition, if any host in AS2 wants to do
SPT-switchover, it should send Join(S,G) toward

source in AS1 which again shows that the link between MBGP peers should
be PIM enabled.

REZA

Tiago Costa wrote:

Hi!

I’ am a student from University of Aveiro
and in my final project I need to
configure multicast protocol between tow Autonomous System.

I have configured in each AS one RP
with MSDP, one border router with MBGP to the outside of the AS and PIM
SM to
the inside. My unicast protocol in each AS is RIP.

My question is. Do I need to
configure PIM SM between MBGP peers??

Tiago Costa