Subject: RE: [Idr] AS hopcount draft (redux)

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:58:09 -0700

Tony, Rex and Joe: 

Thank-you for the nice reminder.   

We did a WG last call on the document and got 4 (or so) replies.  This
level of interest is light for a WG document. 

As Yakov and I discussed the light response, we felt that perhaps the
timing of the last call just before IETF was problematic.  Our
suggestion is to repeat the 2 week last call on the WG document.

Would you-all be amenable to a 2 week last call starting on Monday? 
Perhaps you can rouse the troops supporting the AS hopcount draft to say
so on the list starting Monday? 

Sue and Yakov

PS - Yakov's on travel this week so his response may be slow.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Tony Li
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 6:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Idr] AS hopcount draft (redux)

Hi all,

Last month we sent around an email request asking that draft-li-as- 
hopcount-03 become a WG document.
There was little discussion but the responses to the mailing list  
were clearly favorable.

As part of the physical meeting, the WG was again polled and it was  
deemed that there was insufficient
interest, although these results may be skewed by the attendance of  
the meeting itself.

We would like to renew our request that this become a WG document and  
ask that those interested in this
document speak up on-list.

Thanks,
Rex & Joe & Tony

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:06:56 -0800

> so on the list starting Monday?

Thanks Sue...

That seems eminently reasonable.   What quantitative amount of response
would you deem necessary?  Obviously, consensus is an orthogonal  
issue...

Tony

---

From: Enke Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:13:35 -0800

Well, as folks already started voting, let me add mine too:

     The draft should be adopted as an IDR WG document as it provides a 
useful tool to help reduce the routing table size.

-- Enke