Subject: RE: [Idr] Multiple Paths in BGP

From: Tom Sanders <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 07:58:57 +0530

> Recently there have been proposals in the IDR to extend BGP to advertise
> multiple paths for a given NLRI. There are various applications that could
> use this - Passive Route Servers, Interdomain TE, ECMP, MED oscillations,
> Suboptimal routing with RRs, etc.

I read the drafts but could find nothing pertaining to Interdomain TE. How
can the ideas presented in the draft help in doing Interdomain TE?

Toms.

>
> We have written a draft that proposes a new path attribute MULTIPLE_HOP
that
> can be used to advertise multiple paths in BGP. This draft has been built
> upon the feedback/suggestions that we received for the earlier versions of

> our ecmp draft.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhatia-bgp-multiple-next-hops-00.t
> xt
>
> We also propose a way for BGP speakers to legitimately do ECMP using the
new
> path attribute defined in the above draft.
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhatia-ecmp-routes-in-bgp-02.txt
>
> Would appreciate comments on the above drafts.
>
> Thanks,
> Manav
>
>
>

--
Toms.
_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: "john smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:21:45 +0000

use the reachability itself for interdomain...........

>From: Tom Sanders <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: RE: [Idr] Multiple Paths in BGP
>Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 07:58:57 +0530
>

_________________________________________________________________
Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE! 
http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/

---

From: "Manav Bhatia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:51:13 +0530

Hi Toms,

If you consider using a PCE to aid in the establishment of interdomain LSPs,
the PCE would need to collect all interdomain/intradomain routes.

Because of the fact that BGP advertises only one best path (which is btw
selected based on criterions not based on the QoS/TE parameters), there can
be scenarios when a PCE would never get to learn about some of the paths
that are available. Those paths would thus never be used by a PCE for
computing the primary and the backup interdomain LSPs.

With this draft, BGP speakers can advertise multiple paths using the
MULTIPLE_HOP path attribute and a PCE can potentially use *all* the paths
that are available.

Olivier and Cristel should be able to give you more information on this.

Thanks,
Manav

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Tom Sanders" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 7:58 AM
Subject: RE: [Idr] Multiple Paths in BGP

Toms.

that

new

--
Toms.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----