Subject: [Idr] Implementation survey for draft-ietf-idr-route-filter-13.txt and draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-orf-03.txt

From: Enke Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 12:30:30 -0700

Hi, folks:

I am working on an implementation report for 
draft-ietf-idr-route-filter-13.txt and 
draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-orf-03.txt. It will be greatly appreciated if 
folks can fill out the attached survey form, and send to me by June 5, 2006.

-- Enke

      Implementation Survey for BGP ORF and Prefix-ORF
      ------------------------------------------------

 Organization:

 Person filling out this form:

 Implementation (software version):

 List the ORF types that are implemented in your implementation:
 
    a) communities ORF:            Yes/No
    b) extended communities ORF:   Yes/No
    c) prefix ORF:                 Yes/No

 Does your implementation follow the normal procedures for handling
 a ROUTE-REFRESH request that does not carry ORF entries?

 Does your implementation defer route advertisements as specified in
 the specification after receiving ORF entries with "when-to-refresh"
 set to DEFER?

 How does your implementation handle route advertisements after
 receiving ORF entries with "when-to-refresh" set to IMMEDIATE?

    a) re-advertise all routes in the Adj-RIB-OUT for the AFI/SAFI
       (i.e., follow the normal ROUTE-REFRESH procedure), but take
       the ORF entries into account.

                 Yes/No

    b) maintain extra state and do not re-advertise the routes that
       have not been effected by the ORF entries, as suggested by
       the specification.

                 Yes/No

 Does your implementation follow all other procedures specified in
 the Operation Section of the specification?

 Has there been any interoperability testing? List the ORF types tested.

 Are there parts of the specification that are unclear where the
 implementor had to exercise some judgment that may impact the
 implementation and/or interoperability?

   a) ORF base spec:

   b) Prefix-ORF spec:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr