Subject: [Idr] Recharter of MIB work

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 14:02:35 -0400

Working Group,

This is an update of the MIB status that was presented at the IETF
meeting in Dublin.  This negates the "go forth and write code" part of
the status.  

Based on mib-doctor review and other feedback, I believe the work                                                                                                                       
at this point will involve stopping draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mibv2-*.  In                                                                                                                           
its place will likely be:                                                                                                                                                                      
draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-std-mib                                                                                                                                                                    
draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-tc-mib                                                                                                                                                                     
                                                                                                                                                                                               
and perhaps one other, depending on how the existing work factors out.                                                                                                                         
                                                                                                                                                                                               
The work ahead is thus:                                                                                                                                                                        
- Do the refactoring work.  This clearly involves renaming objects.                                                                                                                            
- Update the representation to remove the break-out tables that have                                                                                                                           
  caused the discontinuity concerns.                                                                                                                                                           
                                                                                                                                                                                               
The above drafts will be published once they have undergone MIB Doctor
review to verify that the issues raised have been addressed.

-- Jeff
_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr