Subject: [Idr] RFC 5291 on Outbound Route Filtering Capability for BGP-4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 15:47:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5291

        Title:      Outbound Route Filtering Capability for 
                    BGP-4 
        Author:     E. Chen, Y. Rekhter
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 23949
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-route-filter-17.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5291.txt

This document defines a BGP-based mechanism that allows a BGP speaker
to send to its BGP peer a set of Outbound Route Filters (ORFs) that
the peer would use to constrain/filter its outbound routing updates
to the speaker.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr