Subject: [Idr] Request for references to recent studies on deployment of route flap damping

From: Benno Overeinder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 01:12:20 +0200

Hi,

For some modeling and simulation work, we are interested in recent
studies on the deployment of route flap damping.  For example, similar
to the study performed by Greg Hankins from Force10 and others, whom
have presented survey results about BGP usage on RIPE56
(http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-56/presentations/eix/Hankins-Peering_Survey_2008_Results.pdf).
 Unfortunately, route flap damping was not addressed in this study.

Are there any large carrier networks (tier 1 and large tier 2 networks)
configured with route flap damping?  Are there any references to recent
studies on the deployment of route flap damping by network operators?

Thanks,

-- Benno Overeinder

P.S. Maybe GROW email list is a better forum for this question?

-- 
Benno J. Overeinder
NLnet Labs
http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr