Subject: [Idr] draft-huston-as-documentation-reservation-00.txt as IDR WG docum

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:15:35 -0700

Folks,

More comments on the attached would be greatly appreciated. The deadline
is still Sep 25, 2008.

Yakov.
- ------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Thu, 11 Sep 2008 10:49:58 +1000
From:    Geoff Huston <[email-masked]>
To:      [email-masked]
cc:      Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Draft on a proposal for an IANA reservation AS Numbers for documentati
	  on purposes

There have been calls of late to reserve a block of AS numbers for  
documentation purposes. This topic was raised as part of a policy  
proposal in the APNIC region. (echoing a similar call for an Ipv6  
documentation prefix some years ago that was subsequently undertaken  
as an IANA action as part of the IETF publishing RFC 3849).

It appears appropriate to me that any such reservation of AS Numbers  
for documentation purposes be undertaken as an IANA reservation in the  
AS Number Registry. For this to be undertaken I understand that there  
needs to be a published RFC with an IANA Considerations section that  
details the proposed IANA action. I have drafted a document that calls  
for such a AS reservation in the AS Number Registry: draft-huston-as- 
documentation-reservation-00.txt. I would like to request that the IDR  
WG consider this draft for adoption as a WG document.

Regards

Geoff Huston

- ------- End of Forwarded Message
_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: Brian Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 18:21:41 -0400

> WG consider this draft for adoption as a WG document.

I have read the draft, and am in favour of it being adopted as a WG 
document.

Brian Dickson

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:47:18 +0200

I have read the document, support its adoption as a WG document, and in 
fact would like to suggest that its also ready to be published as an RFC.

Jari

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 08:58:28 -0400

I agree that this document is needed and it looks good to me as
written.  I support the WG adopting it.

This is also a very straightforward thing to do. I'd like to see it
advanced quickly (i.e, before the Minneapolis meeting). 

Thomas

---

From: Ron Bonica <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 16:12:16 -0400

+1

---

From: "Cayle Spandon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:52:28 -0400

++1