Subject: [Idr] BACKUP well-known community?

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 16:55:30 +0200

Hi all,

Gao and Rexford [1] show that BGP will converge if ASes observe a  
number of guidelines in their policy configurations. These guidelines  
are fairly reasonable, but guideline C requires that all paths that go  
through a backup link are marked as such and receive a lower local  
preference in ALL ASes. They suggest using a community to convey this  
information. However, such a community doesn't exist today.

Shouldn't we create one?

Iljitsch

[1] L. Gao, J. Rexford. Stable Internet Routing Without Global  
Coordination. Proc. ACM SIGMETRICS, June 2000.
_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: Pierre Francois <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 18:35:42 +0200

Iljitsch,

You might want to have a look at

draft-francois-bgp-gshut-00,

and

draft-dickson-idr-last-resort-05

Regards,

Pierre.