Subject: [Idr] Route Table Updation

From: Jithu Arun Sreedhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 18:09:45 +0530

Hi all,

How does the RIB/FIB updation occurs initally when the router starts. Does the rotuer wait for Updates fro all the peers to be recieved before it runs the decision process (as is the case for graceful restart - End-of-RIB message ) or does it take the decision for each of the updates as and when they are recieved.

Thanks and Regards,

Jithu Arun Sreedhar.
_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: "Cayle Spandon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 09:10:27 -0400

During normal startup (i.e. not a graceful restart), I believe that
most implementation run the decission process for each route
immediately when the UPDATE is received (i.e. without waiting for the
End-of-RIB).

Many implementations have a command in IS-IS (google for
"set-overload-bit wait-for-bgp") which configures IS-IS to set the
overload bit after startup and only clear it when BGP has finished
converging. This will prevent the router from being used as a transit
router until BGP has finished its initial convergence.

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 8:39 AM, Jithu Arun Sreedhar
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How does the RIB/FIB updation occurs initally when the router starts. Does
> the rotuer wait for Updates fro all the peers to be recieved before it runs
> the decision process (as is the case for graceful restart - End-of-RIB
> message ) or does it take the decision for each of the updates as and when
> they are recieved.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Jithu Arun Sreedhar.