Subject: [Idr] registry for BGP optional parameters

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 10:25:22 -0800

Dave,

IDR WG would like to ask IANA to create and maintain a registry for
OPEN message optional parameters called "BGP OPEN Optional Parameter
Type". Optional parameters are identified by the Parameter Type,
which is a one-octet unsigned integer. Values are to be allocated
according to the "IETF Consensus" policy as defined in [RFC5226].

The registry should be populated with the two Parameter Type codes 
that are currently defined:

   o  Parameter Type 1: Authentication (deprecated).

   o  Parameter Type 2: Capabilities ([RFC3392])

Yakov.
------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Wed, 24 Dec 2008 13:14:54 -0800
From:    Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
To:      [email-masked]
Subject: [Idr] registry for BGP optional parameters

Folks,

This is to start the IDR WG Last Call on the following proposal
by John Scudder:

   The base BGP specification [RFC4271] specifies in Section 4.2 a
   mechanism to include optional parameters with the OPEN message.
   Optional parameters are identified by the Parameter Type, which is a
   one-octet unsigned binary integer.

   Two Parameter Type codes are currently defined:

   o  Parameter Type 1: Authentication (deprecated).

   o  Parameter Type 2: Capabilities ([RFC3392])

   This proposal is to request that IANA create and maintain a
   registry for OPEN message optional parameters called "BGP OPEN
   Optional Parameter Type".  Values are to be allocated according
   to the "IETF Consensus" policy as defined in [RFC5226].

The Last Call ends Jan 7, 2009.

Yakov.
_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

------- End of Forwarded Message

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr