Subject: [Idr] I-D Action:draft-ietf-idr-rfc3392bis-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 13:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Capabilities Advertisement with BGP-4
	Author(s)       : J. Scudder, R. Chandra
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-rfc3392bis-05.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2009-01-07

This document defines an Optional Parameter, called Capabilities,
that is expected to facilitate the introduction of new capabilities
in the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) by providing graceful capability
advertisement without requiring that BGP peering be terminated.  This
document obsoletes RFC 3392.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-rfc3392bis-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: "John G. Scudder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 16:03:51 -0500

FYI versions -04 and -05 address feedback received during IESG  
review.  Summary of changes between -03 and -05:

- Added "obsoletes" header.
- Added some additional descriptive text to the Introduction.
- Changed SHOULD to MUST in the case of sending an Unsupported  
Capability NOTIFICATION.
- Changed SHOULD to MUST in the case of ignoring a capability which  
the speaker doesn't recognize.
- Noted that a speaker MUST be prepared to accept multiple instances  
of a capability.  (This was already implicit.)
- Updated acks and change log.

The s/SHOULD/MUST/ changes are nominally normative changes, but ought  
to be non-controversial.

--John

On Jan 7, 2009, at 4:00 PM, <[email-masked]> <[email-masked] 
 > wrote:

> <mime-attachment>_______________________________________________
> Idr mailing list
> [email-masked]