Subject: [Idr] I-D Action:draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mibv2-tc-mib-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 20:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Definitions of Textual Conventions for the Management of the Fourth Version of Border Gateway Protocol (BGP-4)
	Author(s)       : J. Haas
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mibv2-tc-mib-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2009-02-18

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
which defines Textual Conventions for the management of BGP-4.  The
intent is that these textual conventions will be used in BGP-related
MIB modules that would otherwise define their own representations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mibv2-tc-mib-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 23:50:42 -0500

This draft, and the related draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mibv2-09, address all
open issues from IETF-73.  

In order to encourage implementation of these drafts, I'd like to request an
early allocation from the mib-2 space for these MIBs.

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mibv2-tc-mib-00.txt

-- Jeff

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:24:09 -0500

I was requested to be a little more clear here.

> early allocation from the mib-2 space for these MIBs.

I'd like to request an early allocation from mib-2 for the following
SNMP MODULE-IDENTITYs.

bgp4V2, published in draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mibv2-09.
bgp4V2TC, published in draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mibv2-tc-mib-00.

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:28:31 -0500

> 	Title           : Definitions of Textual Conventions for the Management of the Fourth Version of Border Gateway Protocol (BGP-4)

This MIB defines the textual conventions meant to be generic to BGP
related MIBs.  At this point, it has textual conventions specifically
for RFC 4760 style AFI and SAFI.  The only enumerations in this
currently are for ipv4/ipv6:unicast,multicast and mpls.  These are the
afi/safi sets likely to occur in the BGPv2 MIB.

Given that these are meant to be general purpose textual conventions,
I'd like to request feedback from BGP protocol implementors that use
other AFI/SAFI entries:  What else should be added here?  

-- Jeff

---

From: "Joan Cucchiara" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 08:45:20 -0500

Hi Jeff,

Are the objects' names going to changed for the drafts which
receive an early mib-2 subid allocation vs. the RFC versions?

The reason that I'm asking is that not all the tools identify
objects using their OIDs, many use the objects' names.   If the
objects' names remain the same between the draft MIB Modules
and the RFC MIB Modules, then this could cause problems.

   Thanks,
      -Joan

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jeffrey Haas" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 10:24 AM
Subject: Re: [Idr] BGP MIBv2 updates

> _______________________________________________
> Idr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr