Subject: [Idr] RFC 5492 on Capabilities Advertisement with BGP-4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:31:18 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5492

        Title:      Capabilities Advertisement with BGP-4 
        Author:     J. Scudder, R. Chandra
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13581
        Obsoletes:  RFC3392

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-rfc3392bis-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5492.txt

This document defines an Optional Parameter, called Capabilities,
that is expected to facilitate the introduction of new capabilities
in the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) by providing graceful capability
advertisement without requiring that BGP peering be terminated.

This document obsoletes RFC 3392.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute