Subject: [Idr] IPR related to the flow-spec I-D

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:28:04 -0800

Folks,

I'd like to explain a bit of the confusion surrounding the IPR
disclosure issue. On 12/23/2008 Juniper disclosed IPR on the flow-spec
draft (https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1052/), but it contained
an incorrect "terms" section. The disclosure was removed at Juniper's
request and resubmitted on 02/09/2009 with the proper "terms"
section. Unfortunately, Juniper's legal team released a number of
IPR disclosures on or about 12/23/2008 and had to remove and correct
all of them so, the sudden flurry of activity may have been worrying
to some. You may have seen many corrected IPR disclosures on the
IETF's IPR webpage (https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/about/) and
more are to come. Juniper intended no harm or malice by these actions
and Juniper is working to make certain that disclosures are made
in a more timely manner.

I hope this explanation helps you understand the recent IPR disclosure
activity.

Yakov.