Subject: [Idr] I-D Action:draft-ietf-idr-optional-transitive-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Error Handling for Optional Transitive BGP Attributes
	Author(s)       : J. Scudder, E. Chen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-optional-transitive-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2009-10-26

According to the base BGP specification, a BGP speaker that receives
an UPDATE message containing a malformed attribute is required to
reset the session over which the offending attribute was received.
This behavior is undesirable in the case of optional transitive
attributes.  This document revises BGP's error-handling rules for
optional transitive attributes, and provides guidelines for the
authors of documents defining new optional transitive attributes.  It
also revises the error handling procedures for several existing
optional transitive attributes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-optional-transitive-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.