Subject: [Idr] IDR charter update

From: "John G. Scudder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 10:05:45 +0900

Folks,

The IDR charter is overdue for an update.  Here is our proposal, we've  
tried to keep it short and sweet:

   The Inter-Domain Routing Working Group is chartered to standardize
   and promote the Border Gateway Protocol Version 4 (BGP-4) [RFC
   4271] capable of supporting policy based routing for TCP/IP
   internets.

   The objective is to promote the use of BGP-4 to support IP version
   4 and IP version 6.  The working group will continue to work on
   improving the robustness and scalability of BGP, and extending the
   protocol as otherwise needed to support the growth and success of
   the Internet.

We'll discuss this at Tuesday's meeting.  Comments on the mailing list  
are also welcome of course.  I'm hoping to send this to the IESG for  
approval ASAP.

Milestones and so on will also be updated, but the process for doing  
that is lightweight.

--John & Sue