Subject: [Idr] I-D Action:draft-ietf-idr-bgp-identifier-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 00:15:05 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : AS-wide Unique BGP Identifier for BGP-4
	Author(s)       : E. Chen, J. Yuan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-identifier-12.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2010-07-27

To accommodate situations where the current requirements for the BGP
Identifier are not met, this document relaxes the definition of the
BGP Identifier to be a 4-octet unsigned, non-zero integer, and
relaxes the "uniqueness" requirement so that only AS-wide uniqueness
of the BGP Identifiers is required. These revisions to the base BGP
specification do not introduce any backward compatibility issue.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-identifier-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.