Subject: [Idr] Fwd: I-D Action:draft-raszuk-wide-bgp-communities-01.txt and draft-raszuk-registered-wide-bgp-community-values-00.txt

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 10:15:06 -0700

Hi,

Based on the feedback and recommendation from IDR WG meeting in 
Maastricht as well as based on the number of comments received from 
operators the Wide BGP Community draft has been split into encoding as 
well as list of registered community proposals.

Authors would appreciate comments from the list on one or both of those 
drafts.

Many thx,
R.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-raszuk-wide-bgp-communities-01.txt
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 12:00:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title           : Wide BGP Communities Attribute
	Author(s)       : R. Raszuk, et al.
	Filename        : draft-raszuk-wide-bgp-communities-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-10-17

Communicating various routing policies via route tagging plays an
important role in external BGP peering relations.  It is also a very
common best practice among operators to propagate various additional
information about routes intra domain.  The most common tool used
today to attach various information about routes is realized with the
use of BGP communities.

Such information is important for the BGP speakers to perform some
mutually agreed actions without the need to maintain a separate
offline database for each pair of prefix and an associated with it
requested set of action entries.

This document defines a new encoding which will enhance and simplify
what can be accomplished today with the use of BGP communities.  The
most important addition this specification brings over currently
defined BGP communities is the ability to specify, carry as well as
use for execution operator's defined set of parameters.
Specification also provides an extensible platform for any new
community encoding needs in the future.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raszuk-wide-bgp-communities-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-raszuk-registered-wide-bgp-community-values-00.txt
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 12:00:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title           : Registered Wide BGP Community Values
	Author(s)       : R. Raszuk, J. Haas
	Filename        : draft-raszuk-registered-wide-bgp-community-values-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2010-10-17

Communicating various routing policies via route tagging plays an
important role in external BGP peering relations.  The most common
tool used today to attach various information about routes is
realized with the use of BGP communities.  Such information is
important for the peering AS to perform some mutually agreed actions
without the need to maintain a separate offline database for each
pair of prefix and an associated with it requested set of action
entries.

This document proposes to establish a new IANA maintained registry of
most commonly used Wide BGP Communities by network operators.  Such
public registry will allow for easy referenece and clear
interpretation of the actions associated with received community
values.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raszuk-registered-wide-bgp-community-values-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.