Subject: [Idr] New Version Notification for draft-jakma-idr-stable-bgp-rr-00 (fwd)

From: Paul Jakma <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 13:21:15 +0000

Hi,

I've uploaded a new draft, which I hope might be interesting. It
proposes a relatively simple fix to convergence issues seen in iBGP
when route-reflectors are used. By moving up an existing check in the
decision process, the cluster-length check, sufficient order is
imposed to ensure convergence (within BGP).

The work is primarily of Flavel & Roughan, I've just tried to put it
into draft RFC form for the convenience of the IDR, as it seems a
very interesting work which (AFAICT) hasn't come to the attention of
the IDR before. Their paper is listed as informative reference.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma      [email-masked]
Fortune:
To err is human, to repent, divine, to persist, devilish.
                -- Benjamin Franklin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 14:00:06 +0000
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Jakma <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
     "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-jakma-idr-stable-bgp-rr-00

A new version of I-D, draft-jakma-idr-stable-bgp-rr-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Paul Jakma and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-jakma-idr-stable-bgp-rr
Revision:        00
Title:           Stable iBGP Decision Process with Route-Reflection
Creation_date:   2010-11-15
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 6

Abstract:
This document describes a simple modification to the BGP decision
process, which solves the issue of oscillation in iBGP seen when
route-reflection is used.

The IETF Secretariat.

The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401