Subject: [Idr] I-D Action:draft-ietf-idr-add-paths-guidelines-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:15:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Best Practices for Advertisement of Multiple Paths in BGP
	Author(s)       : J. Uttaro, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-add-paths-guidelines-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2010-11-26

Add-Paths is a BGP enhancement that allows a BGP router to advertise
multiple distinct paths for the same prefix/NLRI. This provides a
number of potential benefits, including reduced routing churn, faster
convergence and better loadsharing.

This document provides recommendations to implementers of Add-Paths
so that network operators have the tools needed to address their
specific applications and to manage the scalability impact of Add-
Paths. A router implementing Add-Paths may learn many paths for a
prefix and must decide which of these to advertise to peers. This
document analyses different algorithms for making this selection and
provides recommendations based on the target application.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-add-paths-guidelines-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.