Subject: [Idr] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-chen-idr-rfc4724bis-00.txt

From: Enke Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 13:42:40 -0700

FYI.   -- Enke

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	I-D Action: draft-chen-idr-rfc4724bis-00.txt
Date: 	Mon, 29 Aug 2011 11:10:12 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Graceful Restart Mechanism for BGP
	Author(s)       : Srihari R. Sangli
                           Enke Chen
                           Rex Fernando
                           John G. Scudder
                           Yakov Rekhter
	Filename        : draft-chen-idr-rfc4724bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-08-29

    This document describes a mechanism for BGP that would help minimize
    the negative effects on routing caused by BGP restart.  An End-of-RIB
    marker is specified and can be used to convey routing convergence
    information.  A new BGP capability, termed&quot;Graceful Restart
    Capability&quot;, is defined that would allow a BGP speaker to express its
    ability to preserve its forwarding state during BGP restart, as well
    as to convey its intention of generating the End-of-RIB marker upon
    the completion of its initial routing update.  Finally, procedures
    are outlined for temporarily retaining routing information across a
    TCP session termination/re-establishment.

    The mechanisms described in this document are applicable to all
    routers, both those with the ability to preserve the forwarding state
    during BGP restart and those without (although the latter need to
    implement only a subset of the mechanisms described in this
    document).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-idr-rfc4724bis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chen-idr-rfc4724bis-00.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt