Subject: [Idr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-as-private-reservation-03.txt> (Autonomous System (AS) Reservation for Private Use) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 10:15:50 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document:
- 'Autonomous System (AS) Reservation for Private Use'
  <draft-ietf-idr-as-private-reservation-03.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-02-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the reservation of Autonomous System numbers
   (ASNs) that are for Private Use only and MUST NOT be advertised to
   the Internet, known as Private Use ASNs.  This document enlarges the
   total space available for Private Use ASNs by documenting the
   reservation of a second, larger range and updates RFC 1930 by
   replacing Section 10.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-as-private-reservation/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-as-private-reservation/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.