Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-redirect-ip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 14:50:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : BGP Flow-Spec Extended Community for Traffic Redirect to IP Next Hop
	Author(s)       : James Uttaro
                          Matthieu Texier
                          David Smith
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Adam Simpson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-redirect-ip-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-07-04

Abstract:
   Flow-spec is an extension to BGP that allows for the dissemination
   of traffic flow specification rules. This has many possible
   applications but the primary one for many network operators is the
   distribution of traffic filtering actions for DDoS mitigation. The
   flow-spec standard [RFC 5575] defines a redirect-to-VRF action for
   policy-based forwarding but this mechanism can be difficult to use,
   particularly in networks without L3 VPNs.

   This draft proposes a new redirect-to-IP flow-spec action that
   provides a simpler method of policy-based forwarding. This action is
   indicated by the presence of a new BGP extended community in the
   flow-spec route. Many routers already support a redirect-to-IP
   filter action and, in this case, the only new functionality implied
   by this draft is the ability to signal the action using flow-spec.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-redirect-ip

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-redirect-ip-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/