Subject: [Idr] 2 Week WG LC for Early Code points.

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 19:06:19 -0400

This is a 2 Week (ending Sept 27) last call to assign early code points (per
RFC4020) to 

  North-Bound Distribution of Link-State and TE Information using BGP

draft-ietf-idr-ls-distribution-03

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-ls-distribution/

per RFC 4020 (see info below), the authors have requested early code points
be assigned to this draft.

John and Sue (WG chairs) agree that early code points will help develop this
IDR draft. 

We are step three below.  

Do you all think this effort should get early code points? If so vote early
and often. 

Sue and John 

---------------

 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4020#section-3.1> 3.1.  Request

   The process for requesting and obtaining early allocation of code
   points is as follows:
 
   1) The authors (editors) of the document submit a request for early
      allocation to the Working Group chairs, specifying which code
      points require early allocation and which document they should be
      assigned to.
 
   2) The WG chairs determine whether the conditions for early
      allocations described in section 2
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4020#section-2>  are met; particularly,
      conditions (c) and (d).
 
   3) The WG chairs gauge whether there is consensus within the WG that
      early allocation is appropriate in the case of the given document.
 
   4) If it is, with the approval of the Area Director(s), the WG chairs
      request IANA to make an early allocation.
 
   5) IANA makes an allocation from the appropriate registry, marking it
      as "temporary", valid for a period of one year from the date of
      allocation.  The date of allocation should also be recorded in the
      registry and made visible to the public.