Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-ls-distribution-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 22:27:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : North-Bound Distribution of Link-State and TE Information using BGP
	Author(s)       : Hannes Gredler
                          Jan Medved
                          Stefano Previdi
                          Adrian Farrel
                          Saikat Ray
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-ls-distribution-04.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2013-11-18

Abstract:
   In a number of environments, a component external to a network is
   called upon to perform computations based on the network topology and
   current state of the connections within the network, including
   traffic engineering information.  This is information typically
   distributed by IGP routing protocols within the network

   This document describes a mechanism by which links state and traffic
   engineering information can be collected from networks and shared
   with external components using the BGP routing protocol.  This is
   achieved using a new BGP Network Layer Reachability Information
   (NLRI) encoding format.  The mechanism is applicable to physical and
   virtual IGP links.  The mechanism described is subject to policy
   control.

   Applications of this technique include Application Layer Traffic
   Optimization (ALTO) servers, and Path Computation Elements (PCEs).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-ls-distribution

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-ls-distribution-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-ls-distribution-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/