Subject: Re: [Idr] Advancing add-path

From: "Russ White" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 21:39:12 -0400

> Service Providers seem to be happy with add-paths in its current form.
Has
> anyone seen demand for the eBGP support covered by fast-conn-restore?

No, not that I'm aware of... I think we should move the drafts forward
without this piece. It can always be added later if some use case comes up.

:-)

Russ

---

From: Nick Hilliard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 10:26:57 +0000

> without this piece. It can always be added later if some use case comes up.

the ixp community is interested in add-path/ebgp, as it solves a bunch of
rather nasty scaling issues on route servers.

Nick

---

From: "Russ White" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 08:21:12 -0400

> rather nasty scaling issues on route servers.

How about we move add-paths for iBGP forward, and then we work on a separate
draft for eBGP add paths? 

:-)

Russ

---

From: Nick Hilliard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 15:37:13 +0000

> draft for eBGP add paths? 

ha!

But probably this is a better option than confusing the two things.

Nick

---

From: Thomas Mangin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 15:44:18 +0000

+1

Sent from my iPad

> On 2 Nov 2013, at 10:26, Nick Hilliard <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Idr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr
>

---

From: Jon Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 12:13:11 -0500

> But probably this is a better option than confusing the two things.

I support this approach but don't think the current drafts need to
exclude/prohibit EBGP applications.  Rather, the whole paragraph could
be deleted as it was probably more appropriate for it to have been in
the deployment considerations section anyway which already references
getting guidance on usage of add-paths in seperate documents
(presumably the guidelines doc or fast-conn), which can progress at
their own pace.

Jon

---

From: "Bertrand Duvivier (bduvivie)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 14:51:06 +0000

+1 Bertrand 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Nick Hilliard
Sent: samedi 2 novembre 2013 16:37
To: Russ White; 'Jeffrey Haas'; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Idr] Advancing add-path

On 02/11/2013 12:21, Russ White wrote:
> How about we move add-paths for iBGP forward, and then we work on a 
> separate draft for eBGP add paths?

ha!

Nick