Subject: [Idr] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5065 (3791)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 04:09:45 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5065,
"Autonomous System Confederations for BGP".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5065&eid=3791

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Ramakrishna DTV <[email-masked]>

Section: 7

Original Text
-------------
   Additionally, confederations (as well as route reflectors), by
   excluding different reachability information from consideration at
   different locations in a confederation, have been shown [RFC3345] to
   cause permanent oscillation between candidate routes when using the
   tie-breaking rules required by BGP [BGP-4].

Corrected Text
--------------
   Additionally, confederations (as well as route reflectors), by
   excluding different reachability information from consideration at
   different locations in a confederation, have been shown [RFC3345] to
   cause persistent oscillation between candidate routes when using the
   tie-breaking rules required by BGP [BGP-4].

Notes
-----
s/permanent/persistent

RFC 3345 nowhere refers to this oscillation as "permanent". It consistently refers to it as "persistent" only.

"Permanent" is a much stronger word than "persistent", and I believe is not applicable here.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5065 (draft-ietf-idr-rfc3065bis-06)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Autonomous System Confederations for BGP
Publication Date    : August 2007
Author(s)           : P. Traina, D. McPherson, J. Scudder
Category            : DRAFT STANDARD
Source              : Inter-Domain Routing
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: "John G. Scudder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 08:10:22 -0800

I agree with the erratum.

--John