Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-aigp-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 07:18:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The Accumulated IGP Metric Attribute for BGP
	Author(s)       : Pradosh Mohapatra
                          Rex Fernando
                          Eric C. Rosen
                          James Uttaro
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-aigp-11.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-11-21

Abstract:
   Routing protocols that have been designed to run within a single
   administrative domain ("IGPs") generally do so by assigning a metric
   to each link, and then choosing as the installed path between two
   nodes the path for which the total distance (sum of the metric of
   each link along the path) is minimized.  BGP, designed to provide
   routing over a large number of independent administrative domains
   ("autonomous systems"), does not make its path selection decisions
   through the use of a metric.  It is generally recognized that any
   attempt to do so would incur significant scalability problems, as
   well as inter-administration coordination problems.  However, there
   are deployments in which a single administration runs several
   contiguous BGP networks.  In such cases, it can be desirable, within
   that single administrative domain, for BGP to select paths based on a
   metric, just as an IGP would do.  The purpose of this document is to
   provide a specification for doing so.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-aigp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-aigp-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-aigp-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/