Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-add-paths-guidelines-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 10:23:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Best Practices for Advertisement of Multiple Paths in IBGP
        Authors         : Jim Uttaro
                          Pierre Francois
                          Roberto Fragassi
                          Adam Simpson
                          Keyur Patel
                          Pradosh Mohapatra
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-add-paths-guidelines-06.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2014-01-27

Abstract:
   Add-Paths is a BGP enhancement that allows a BGP router to advertise
   multiple distinct paths for the same prefix/NLRI. This provides a
   number of potential benefits, including reduced routing churn, faster
   convergence and better loadsharing.

   This document provides recommendations to implementers of Add-Paths
   so that network operators have the tools needed to address their
   specific applications and to manage the scalability impact of Add-
   Paths. A router implementing Add-Paths may learn many paths for a
   prefix and must decide which of these to advertise to peers. This
   document analyses different algorithms for making this selection and
   provides recommendations based on the target application.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-add-paths-guidelines/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-add-paths-guidelines-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-add-paths-guidelines-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/