Subject: [Idr] FW: [GROW] Last Call: <draft-ietf-grow-bmp-15.txt> (BGP Monitoring Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 13:24:12 -0400

IDR WG: 

John Scudder and co-authors' document on BGP Monitoring protocol (BMP) is at
IETF last call. If you have any additional comments , you are welcome to
make the comments on the IETF list. 

Sue 

-----Original Message-----
From: GROW [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2015 10:33 AM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [GROW] Last Call: <draft-ietf-grow-bmp-15.txt> (BGP Monitoring
Protocol) to Proposed Standard

The IESG has received a request from the Global Routing Operations WG
(grow) to consider the following document:
- 'BGP Monitoring Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-grow-bmp-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-09-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a protocol, BMP, that can be used to monitor
   BGP sessions.  BMP is intended to provide a convenient interface for
   obtaining route views.  Prior to introduction of BMP, screen-scraping
   was the most commonly-used approach to obtaining such views.  The
   design goals are to keep BMP simple, useful, easily implemented, and
   minimally service-affecting.  BMP is not suitable for use as a
   routing protocol.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-bmp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-bmp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

_______________________________________________
GROW mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow