Subject: [Idr] Protocol Action: 'Autonomous System Migration Mechanisms and Their Effects on the BGP AS_PATH Attribute' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-idr-as-migration-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 16:05:47 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Autonomous System Migration Mechanisms and Their Effects on the BGP
   AS_PATH Attribute'
  (draft-ietf-idr-as-migration-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-as-migration/

Technical Summary

   This draft discusses some existing commonly-used BGP mechanisms for
   ASN migration that are not formally part of the BGP4 protocol
   specification.  It is necessary to document these de facto standards
   to ensure that they are properly supported in future BGP protocol
   work.

Working Group Summary

  Good Working Group Consensus occurred during WG Review. 

Document Quality

 Implementations and deployments already exist -- that was what prompted this document.  
 A significant number of vendors have shipping implementations.  The WG, and vendors specifically 
 did a thorough review.

Personnel

Document Shepherd: Sure Hares
AD: Alvaro Retana