Subject: [Idr] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-idr-ls-distribution-12: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 08:45:13 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-idr-ls-distribution-12: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-ls-distribution/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

-section 5: "The SAFI assignment does
   NOT need to be out of the range 1-63 and MAY come out of the "First
   Come First Served" range 128-240."

I suspect the all-caps terms don't really apply (especially the
free-floating NOT).

- section 5.1: "available for review by the IDR working group,"

What if that group concludes?

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 16:55:53 +0100

Hi Ben,

> I suspect the all-caps terms don't really apply (especially the

Agreed. 2119 words or other capitalisation in section 5 is bogus.

> What if that group concludes?

If that happens before I retire then the Internet is doomed. If it happens after  retire,  don't care :-)

OLD
available for review by the IDR working group
NEW
available for review by the IDR working group or the design authority for BGP appointed by the IESG in the event that the IDR working group is closed.
END

Cheers,
Adrian
--
Read my latest...
Tales from the Wood - Eighteen new fairy tales
http://www.feedaread.com/books/Tales-from-the-Wood-9781786100924.aspx
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tales-Wood-Adrian-Farrel/dp/1786100924
Or buy from me direct.

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 11:00:35 -0500

On 14 Oct 2015, at 10:55, Adrian Farrel wrote:

> available for review by the IDR working group or the design authority 
> for BGP appointed by the IESG in the event that the IDR working group 
> is closed.
> END

You are not the first to be entertained by that comment--and I only 
entered it a few minutes ago ;-)

But as I said to the first: Even extremely long-lived groups do get 
closed or refactored from time to time. I mentioned this because the RAI 
area had a process RFC that assigned responsibility to specifically 
named, assumed-to-be-long-lived groups (and the area itself), and we now 
need to update it due to the ART merger.

But in any case, your suggested edit looks good to me.