Subject: [Idr] RFC 7705 on Autonomous System Migration Mechanisms and Their Effects on the BGP AS_PATH Attribute

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 17:54:05 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7705

        Title:      Autonomous System Migration Mechanisms and 
                    Their Effects on the BGP AS_PATH Attribute 
        Author:     W. George, S. Amante
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 41349
        Updates:    RFC4271

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-as-migration-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7705

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7705

This document discusses some existing commonly used BGP mechanisms
for Autonomous System Number (ASN) migration that are not formally
part of the BGP4 protocol specification.  It is necessary to document
these de facto standards to ensure that they are properly supported
in future BGP protocol work.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC