Subject: [Idr] FW: Virtual Queue for IDR Remote Attendees

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 15:55:20 -0500

Please make sure to realize the chairs will be using the virtual queue for
the IDR discussions.   After the meeting please send John or Sue a note to
giving your opinion of how the virtual queue worked in the discussions. 

See you at 13:00-15:00 Japan time in person or virtually. 

Sue

-----Original Message-----
From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Alexa Morris
Sent: Saturday, October 31, 2015 11:42 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Idr] Virtual Queue for IDR Remote Attendees

If you are planning to participate in the IDR session here at IETF 94 on
Monday - either locally in Prague or as a remote participant - we want to
make sure that you are aware that the IETF is providing a remote
participants with a fairly new way to ask questions or make comments. In
addition to using the Jabber room, for the IDR session there is also the
opportunity for remote participants to enter a virtual queue and ask
questions directly into the meeting room. 

This experimental queue was used in several sessions at IETF 92 and IETF 93,
so you may have already seen it in action. There will be two queues for the
IDR session - a virtual queue and an actual (in-room) queue. Remote
attendees will log into the Meetecho platform and will have a virtual mic
line that they can enter if they have a question or comment. In-room
participants will continue to use normal mic lines. 

Instructions for remote participants are at
http://ietf94.conf.meetecho.com/index.php/Remote_Participation. 

Information on how to join the Meetecho session is at
http://ietf94.conf.meetecho.com/.

Verify that you are WebRTC compliant (required to use the virtual queue) by
performing a self-test here:
http://ietf94.conf.meetecho.com/index.php/Self_Test. 

Regards,
Alexa

----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS) Forum Management, Meeting
and Event Planning www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr