Subject: [Idr] RFC 7911 on Advertisement of Multiple Paths in BGP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 16:13:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7911

        Title:      Advertisement of Multiple Paths in BGP 
        Author:     D. Walton, A. Retana,
                    E. Chen, J. Scudder
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17537
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-add-paths-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7911

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7911

This document defines a BGP extension that allows the advertisement
of multiple paths for the same address prefix without the new paths
implicitly replacing any previous ones.  The essence of the extension
is that each path is identified by a Path Identifier in addition to
the address prefix.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC