Subject: [Idr] Early allocation for ext-opt-param [[email-masked]: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param-05.txt]

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 13:25:10 -0400

A brief note as I'm catching up in my email:
It does not appear that IANA has an early allocation request for the 255
code point for this draft.  Given that the feature is deployed, that seems
problematic.

If the authors and our AD believe this will pass through IESG fast enough,
we can probably skip such a request. 

-- Jeff

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 19:10:49 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param-05.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing of the IETF.

        Title           : Extended Optional Parameters Length for BGP OPEN Message
        Authors         : Enke Chen
                          John Scudder
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param-05.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2016-06-28

Abstract:
   The Optional Parameters in the BGP OPEN message as defined in the
   base BGP specification are limited to 255 octets due to a one-octet
   length field.  BGP Capabilities are carried in this field and may
   foreseeably exceed 255 octets in the future, leading to concern about
   this limitation.

   In this document we update RFC 4271 by extending the BGP OPEN length
   field in a backward-compatible manner.  The Parameter Length field of
   individual Optional Parameters is similarly extended.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

----- End forwarded message -----