Subject: Re: [Idr] Early Code Point allocation for draft-ietf-idr-eag-distribution-05 (12/8 to 12/22)

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 22:45:10 -0500

WG: 

We've received 7 positive comments for early allocation of the
draft-ietf-idr-eag-distribution-05.txt work.  There were no problems pointed
to with the draft-ietf-idr-eag-distribution-05.txt specification.   The WG
chairs usually like a few more positive comments, but the December time
period (12/8 to 12/22) may have reduced the number of comments.  We received
no substantial number of comments after the first week. 

Cisco has completed an implementation and is looking for an interoperability
test prior to shipping code. The work has implementations that need the
early allocation, a stable specification, and these positive comments on the
list.  I've received several comments requesting the processing of this
call.  Based on the WG continued request to get implementations early
allocation of code points, I'm going to declare WG consensus on allocating
these code points.  I will forward this early allocation request to Alvaro
Retana for processing. 

I think this points to the fact that we should go to single week early
allocation request.   The drafts either succeed or fail on the first week's
work. 

Sue Hares

WG Co-chair 

PS - I think this points to the fact that we should go to single week early
allocation request.   The drafts either succeed or fail on the first week's
work.   John and I are always looking for feedback to determine if we are
following the wishes of the IDR WG in getting this early allocations.