Subject: Re: [Idr] Early Code Point allocation for draft-ietf-idr-eag-distribution-05 (12/8 to 12/22)

From: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 02:40:01 +0000

Sue -

Has early allocation been completed?
I don't see any code point assigned in the BGP-LS registry (apologies if I missed it).

Thanx.

    Les

From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Susan Hares
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2018 7:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Idr] Early Code Point allocation for draft-ietf-idr-eag-distribution-05 (12/8 to 12/22)

WG:

We've received 7 positive comments for early allocation of the draft-ietf-idr-eag-distribution-05.txt work.  There were no problems pointed to with the draft-ietf-idr-eag-distribution-05.txt specification.   The WG chairs usually like a few more positive comments, but the December time period (12/8 to 12/22) may have reduced the number of comments.  We received no substantial number of comments after the first week.

Cisco has completed an implementation and is looking for an interoperability test prior to shipping code. The work has implementations that need the early allocation, a stable specification, and these positive comments on the list.  I've received several comments requesting the processing of this call.  Based on the WG continued request to get implementations early allocation of code points, I'm going to declare WG consensus on allocating these code points.  I will forward this early allocation request to Alvaro Retana for processing.

I think this points to the fact that we should go to single week early allocation request.   The drafts either succeed or fail on the first week's work.

Sue Hares
WG Co-chair

PS - I think this points to the fact that we should go to single week early allocation request.   The drafts either succeed or fail on the first week's work.   John and I are always looking for feedback to determine if we are following the wishes of the IDR WG in getting this early allocations.

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 08:05:41 -0500

Les - 

Not yet.   I have been sick for a week.  I'm trying to push things through
later today. 

Sue 

From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 9:40 PM
To: Susan Hares; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Idr] Early Code Point allocation for
draft-ietf-idr-eag-distribution-05 (12/8 to 12/22)

Sue -

I don't see any code point assigned in the BGP-LS registry (apologies if I
missed it).

Thanx.

    Les

From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Susan Hares
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2018 7:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Idr] Early Code Point allocation for
draft-ietf-idr-eag-distribution-05 (12/8 to 12/22)

WG: 

We've received 7 positive comments for early allocation of the
draft-ietf-idr-eag-distribution-05.txt work.  There were no problems pointed
to with the draft-ietf-idr-eag-distribution-05.txt specification.   The WG
chairs usually like a few more positive comments, but the December time
period (12/8 to 12/22) may have reduced the number of comments.  We received
no substantial number of comments after the first week. 

Cisco has completed an implementation and is looking for an interoperability
test prior to shipping code. The work has implementations that need the
early allocation, a stable specification, and these positive comments on the
list.  I've received several comments requesting the processing of this
call.  Based on the WG continued request to get implementations early
allocation of code points, I'm going to declare WG consensus on allocating
these code points.  I will forward this early allocation request to Alvaro
Retana for processing. 

I think this points to the fact that we should go to single week early
allocation request.   The drafts either succeed or fail on the first week's
work. 

Sue Hares

WG Co-chair 

PS - I think this points to the fact that we should go to single week early
allocation request.   The drafts either succeed or fail on the first week's
work.   John and I are always looking for feedback to determine if we are
following the wishes of the IDR WG in getting this early allocations.