Subject: [Idr] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid-12: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 08:23:21 -0800

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid-12: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I tend to agree with Mirja that you either don't currently need registry for
flags or need it with a stricter policy than First Come First Served.

Nits:

4.  Receiving BGP Prefix-SID Attribute

   A BGP speaker receiving a BGP Prefix-SID attribute from an EBGP
   neighbor residing outside the boundaries of the SR domain MUST
   discard the attribute unless it is configured to accept the attribute
   from the EBGP neighbor.  A BGP speaker MAY log an error for further
   analysis when discarding an attribute.

Is there any reason why logging is just MAY? This would help big time in
debugging issues. You are also using "SHOULD log" in other places in the
document. So I suggest:

MAY log an error ==> SHOULD log an error

(Actually "MAY log" appears twice in the document)

I suggest you use a more common "extensibility" instead of "extendibility", but
maybe this is just me :-).

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 20:54:29 +0000

Hi Alexey, 

On 2/5/18, 11:23 AM, "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    

Again, the registry was added based on Alvaro's comment. FCFS is used since that it the allocation policy for the TLV registry. 

    Nits:

    

I agree. 

Ok. 

Thanks,
Acee