Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 05:54:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : BGP-LS extensions for Segment Routing BGP Egress Peer Engineering
        Authors         : Stefano Previdi
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Keyur Patel
                          Saikat Ray
                          Jie Dong
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe-15.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) leverages source routing.  A node steers a
   packet through a controlled set of instructions, called segments, by
   prepending the packet with an SR header.  A segment can represent any
   instruction, topological or service-based.  SR allows to enforce a
   flow through any topological path and service chain while maintaining
   per-flow state only at the ingress node of the SR domain.

   The Segment Routing architecture can be directly applied to the MPLS
   dataplane with no change on the forwarding plane.  It requires minor
   extension to the existing link-state routing protocols.

   This document outline a BGP-LS extension for exporting BGP peering
   node topology information (including its peers, interfaces and
   peering ASs) in a way that is exploitable in order to compute
   efficient BGP Peering Engineering policies and strategies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe-15
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe-15

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Ketan Talaulikar (ketant)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 15:22:27 +0000

Hello,

Following are the updates in this version :

1) Removal of the MUST clause for BGP-LS Identifier since it is not mandatory for many EPE use-cases. BGP-LS Identifier can still be used as the draft allows for use of Node Descriptors from RFC7752.

2) References to IPv6 SID in the document were removed and the specification is now covered in https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dawra-idr-bgpls-srv6-ext/ where it is now consistent with https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-filsfils-spring-srv6-network-programming/  

3) The SID Flags section is updated to include the B & P flags. The B flag was described in companion use-case draft https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-central-epe-10#section-3.6 but was missed from this draft.

Apart from this there are minor nits updated based on review comments.

Thanks,
Ketan

-----Original Message-----
From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: 05 March 2018 19:24
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe-15.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr