Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-gr-notification-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 13:53:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Notification Message support for BGP Graceful Restart
        Authors         : Keyur Patel
                          Rex Fernando
                          John Scudder
                          Jeff Haas
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-gr-notification-16.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2018-11-27

Abstract:
   The BGP Graceful Restart mechanism defined in RFC 4724 limits the
   usage of BGP Graceful Restart to BGP protocol messages other than a
   BGP NOTIFICATION message.  This document updates RFC 4724 by defining
   an extension that permits the Graceful Restart procedures to be
   performed when the BGP speaker receives a BGP NOTIFICATION Message or
   the Hold Time expires.  This document also defines a new BGP
   NOTIFICATION Cease Error subcode whose effect is to request a full
   session restart instead of a Graceful Restart.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-gr-notification/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-gr-notification-16
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-gr-notification-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-bgp-gr-notification-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: John Scudder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 21:58:23 +0000

This version includes a (long-overdue!) sentence added as a suggestion in IESG review:

7.  Operational Considerations

   Note that long (or infinite) retention time may cause operational
   issues, and should be enabled with care.

No other major changes. Hopefully this clears the last longstanding hurdle to completing advancement, knock wood.

--John

> On Nov 27, 2018, at 4:53 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
...