Subject: [Idr] Deprecation of AS_SET and AS_CONFED_SET -- feedback requested

From: "Sriram, Kotikalapudi (Fed)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 15:42:34 +0000

There was significant interest expressed during a SIDROPS presentation in Montreal
and in the discussion that followed at the mike about advancing the following individual draft:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kumari-deprecate-as-set-confed-set-14  
(standards track)   

The authors have revised and uploaded a new version (-14).
Your inputs/comments are welcome. In particular, please share any specific 
operational considerations/concerns you may have regarding this topic.

(Note: A BCP was published on this topics in 2011 -- https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6472 )   

Thank you.

Sriram

---

From: Nick Hilliard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 18:58:51 +0300

> operational considerations/concerns you may have regarding this topic.

It would be great if this were to progress to standards track RFC. 
AS_SETs are a nuisance and cause real-world confusion with no 
appreciable gain.

Nick

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 12:23:30 -0400

Sriram: 

Are you asking for WG Adoption of this draft at this time or just feedback?

Sue 

-----Original Message-----
From: GROW [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Sriram, Kotikalapudi
(Fed)
Sent: Wednesday, August 7, 2019 11:43 AM
To: IDR; GROW WG
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [GROW] Deprecation of AS_SET and AS_CONFED_SET -- feedback
requested

There was significant interest expressed during a SIDROPS presentation in
Montreal and in the discussion that followed at the mike about advancing the
following individual draft:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kumari-deprecate-as-set-confed-set-14  
(standards track)   

(Note: A BCP was published on this topics in 2011 --
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6472 )   

Thank you.

Sriram
_______________________________________________
GROW mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow